Our user has special needs and needs a safe, defined environment to sleep in at night. He had outgrown his existing crib, and existing solutions cost upwards of $12,000.
solution & features
A more affordable, Prairie Style safety bed. Bifold doors with ergonomic, two-handed locks. 54" walls. Solid red oak ready for a lifetime of use.
- Observe our user's bedtime routine in situ and interview his therapists to understand stakeholder needs
- Brainstorm a wide range of solutions with a diverse team
- Use stakeholder feedback and input from industry experts to finalize a design
- Create detailed CAD models & drawings, generate a BOM, and procure materials
- Fabricate, deliver & assemble in our user's bedroom
- Created Gantt and responsibility assignment charts to keep the team on schedule
- Planned, scheduled, conducted, and analyzed ethnographic research
- Used input from design reviews to revise and finalize CAD models and drawings
- Created bills of material and navigated multiple backorders to procure necessary materials
- Fabricated alone in eight weeks and planned final delivery to our user's home 90 minutes away
Project management, ethnographic research, journey mapping, patent research, design sketching, SolidWorks, Keyshot, fabrication, woodworking, design for shipping, design for assembly.