Using a given piece of Purple Heart hardwood, construct a shadowbox style frame for a 20" x 20" painting of Flora, my client's late grandmother.
solution & features
A shadowbox style frame with CNC engraving created by my client. Tung oil finish to highlight beautiful grain. Secured with four screws drilled into the canvas from behind.
- Meet with client to determine project scope and constraints
- Brainstorm frame concepts aligning with project requirements
- Synthesize a final concept with client feedback
- Plan cuts for the single piece of given lumber
- Cut, assemble, and finish
Solo freelance woodworking project. Performed all steps of process.
Client relations, design sketching, low-fidelity mockups, navigating resource constraints, fabrication, woodworking.